Friday, September 11, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Man, I haven't written in so long! Since school started, I have been incredibly busy everrrryday it seems like! (Big surprise.) It has started off to be a fantastic year though, I must say. I am loving my kiddos and the way my classes are set up, and I don't feel terribly exhausted (both physically and emotionally) at the end of the day - yay! 3rd year progress!!

My birthday has come and gone, and it was a good one. I still haven't spent my birthday money yet... so it is really burning a hole in my pocket! I tried to go shopping yesterday afternoon, but I didn't have much luck. Think I might attempt to go tomorrow morning, but this time to my little cheapy stores that I love (rather than Ann Taylor Loft, Express, & Gap... which have such cute but terribly overpriced - for my cheap self - pants and sweaters). You know... some good ol' Forever 21, Rack Room Shoes (buy one, get one half off... shocking, right? ha!), Payless, Target... wish me luck! Seems like I'm having the usual trouble of finding things when I have no money and finding nothing when I have it all saved up and am ready to SPEND IT!

Ahhhh it just started pouring... thunder and lightening, the whole bit. I love, love, LOVE the rain when I can enjoy it from the comfort of my own home (or porch). I loathe getting out when it pours though... can't see out of my glasses, eyes bother me if I'm wearing contacts, hair gets frizzy, make-up ruined... I feel like such a baby when I admit how I really feel about the rain (especially with all you "I love the rain and being out in it" people)... but it's true!! There! I said it! But right now? Perfect. Kinda like the weather has been even though it's only the beginning of September. Crazy, but I'm loving it!

So Tim and I are going to a wedding near Houston this weekend, and I'm really excited about it! It's for his friends from work, Grant and Kim. I'll get to have a little mini weekend getaway with Tim, stay in a hotel for the night, and hang out with Tim's super fun work friends! AND be back early enough (sorta) on Sunday to get things ready for the week and feel rested.

Next weekend Andrea is coming back down to do some more wedding dress shopping (and I will do some more bridesmaid dress shopping!). I'm excited!! Then we have a birthday party out at Whiterock lake... so much going on!! I love it though. Well, I have a love/hate relationship with it... I LOVE having fun things to do and great people to hang out with, but then it always seems like the weekend just flies by and all of a sudden - boom! It's Monday again and I don't feel ready! Oh well, I think it's a worthy trade-off, and I can't seem to ever say no anyway - I'm a sucker for doing something fun. :)

Okay, well enough rambling on about random stuff. I actually need to get some grading finished so I can enjoy my Sunday afternoon. Boo for working on a Friday night!!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Have fun shopping girl!! Happy belated too!:)

Rhiannon said...

oh my gosh. i never thought there would actually be a post when i wandered by your blog. ;) sounds like you've been having lots o' fun, though.