Sunday, January 3, 2010

Last Day, Sniff.

Well, today is the last day before we have to go back from break.  It has been a gloriously lazy/personally productive one for me - and it really has seemed a lot longer than two weeks!  I feel like I've been able to do so much, relax so much, and get so much done around the house and with my scrapbooking.  It's been GREAT!

Had lunch with some girls from work today at Sweet Tomatoes, mmm!!  It was good to get to see them - it reminds me of just one of the reasons that I actually like going to work everyday.  I also saw one of my students while we were there... it's like he was there to remind me that yes, it is back to reality to tomorrow! 

Before break, I got all my grading finished and updated my lessons plans AND website for the next two weeks - so nothing to worry about today!  And this week we are finishing up what we started before break, reviewing for finals (easy and even fun - especially now that my new SmartBoard has been installed, yippee!), next week is finals (and probably watching Planet Earth to give the poor kids' brains a break when we're finished)... so the next two weeks should be a nice way to ease back into work!  I think I'll even have time DURING SCHOOL to grade notebooks... amazing.

So... tonight, I'm finishing up laundry (which I actually don't mind, makes me feel accomplished and ready to start the week, and I can do it while I watch my HGTV homebuying shows... that I am currently [wonder why?] addicted to!).  Going to build a fire later tonight and hang out with my hubby and drink wine... sounds like a pretty perfect way to spend my last evening of Christmas break. 

To all my teacher friends - enjoy your last evening and I'll see you (if we work together that is) tomorrow!  To the rest... I guess it's just another Manic Monday.  ;)  ...that song makes me think of you, Andrea - why is that?

1 comment:

The Hurst Family said...

Ahh! Haha! Probably because I'm obsessed with The Bangles and play/sing it often on Mondays. I'm SO FREAKING JEALOUS that you got 2 weeks off, I imagine I would be ready and caught-up enough by then to go back to work in a good mood too. Instead I dreaded it all day yesterday and tossed and turned all night. It's going to be a looong week, so glad I'm coming to visit on Friday at least! I want to watch the Home Buyer show with you! We might be able to get a house after Ryan finds out where he'll be for residency in March- yay!!! Hope you are having a great day with the kiddos!