Sunday, January 31, 2010

Annnd We're Buying a Condo

Since it's been awhile since my last post, and a LOT has been happening since then, I guess I better update a little!  (And then go to bed... how is it already 9:45 on Sunday night?? This weekend went by incredibly fast.)

So Tim and I found a condo!!!  We are actually under contract right now, but we are waiting to get it inspected.  The seller is selling it "as is" since he never actually lived in the property, so the inspection is pretty much make or break.  If there is anything major, he's not going to fix it (and most likely won't come down from his price, although we will definitely see about that!) ...so cross your fingers for a good inspection!  It was supposed to happen this past Thursday, but all the utilities weren't turned on, so we're having to reschedule.  Hopefully it is the early part of this week - the suspense is killing me!!

About the condo... it is AWESOME!!  It is in the Oak Lawn / Lemmon area and is literally a quarter of a mile from our church.  It's two story (nobody above or below), has a patio off the living room (with a door from the kitchen as well) and a deck coming from the master bedroom upstairs.  Living areas are downstairs and bedrooms are upstairs.  Two bedrooms, two and a half bathrooms, walk-in closet in the master... it.  is.  perfect.  And what makes it really exciting (which might be a turn-off to some), is that it is SO boring inside... as in: white walls, white trim, white carpet, whiiiiiiite everywhere!!  It is a blank slate, clean palette, just waiting for us to go crazy with color and fun decorations.  I am so excited!!!

So needless to say, if the inspection goes poorly and we have to walk away, I will be very sad.  It seems to be in good condition though, so we'll see.  I'll definitely update about that!

Other news... we had a random roommate move in with us a week ago!  She needed a place to stay while she does an internship, we need some extra money so we can work this whole condo/apartment overlap business - annnd voila!  A win-win for everyone.  Plus she's really nice and fun and easy to hang out with, AND (just so you know) her doppelganger (thanks, Facebook) is Kim Kardashian.  Seriously - it's kind of crazy how much they look alike.  Oh, AND she cooks us dinner - which so far has been A-mazing.  Lebanese beans and rice?  You have no idea.  Mmm!! 

I feel like there's something else note-worthy to mention... but I can't think of it.  So instead, I think I'll go brush my teeth with my new power toothbrush (I have been waiting all afternoon for this moment) and rinse with my new Listerine pre-brush whitening rinse.  My life is insanely exciting.  I know. 

PS - okay Andrea, now you have to update your blog too.  It's time.  :)

3 comments:

hannah said...

Yay! Congrats on the condo! Can't wait to hear the final results :) And that's a nice area too - can you say "Trip to Chocolate Secret!" :)

The Hurst Family said...

It's almost final??!!! EEEEEE!!!! Is this the same one you sent me pictures of? You should totally have a housewarming party a few weeks after you move in. It would be so much fun!!!

Ok, ok....I'll try to update the blog tonight! I haven't felt like it at all, I suck.

Rhiannon said...

Agh!!! HOW EXCITING!!!! I'm super pumped for you guys. When will you know if the inspection went okay? Fingers crossed for you my dear! And I second the housewarming!