Monday, March 15, 2010

Blessed are they that mourn, for they will be comforted.

I found out today that a dear, sweet former student of mine passed away today after suffering injuries from a skiing accident yesterday.  She was so beautiful, kind, driven, and full of life - I am just in shock that she is not with us anymore, that when we go back to school next Monday, it will be without her.  It's so devastating that such a life could be cut short so abruptly, and at such a young age.  Please pray for peace and comfort for her family; I can't even imagine what they must be going through. 

I am confident that she is in heaven and in a "better place" as everyone says, but it doesn't take away the sadness or the questions of "why?"  I know there is an answer to that question, but stuck here in our earthly world, the answer never seems to satisfy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very sad - will be thinking of you and your fellow teachers and students when you go back to school.