Sunday, March 21, 2010

Just "Jen," and other news.

Well, it's official - Tim and I are going to be Chrismated on Holy Saturday (the day before Easter)!  We are very excited - well, I'm excited and also pretty nervous... it's a whole big ceremony.  You know, affirming that you will follow Christ, then renouncing Satan and spitting on him... the usual.  :)  The spitting is more metaphorical I think, but still audible if I'm not mistaken!  As for my Christian name, I've decided to take St. Genevieve of Paris as my patron name saint.  I figure it could be shortened to "Jen," which is what my immediate family usually calls me, so I think it honors the name that I've already been given.


The condo is still in limbo.  The latest news is that the exception the bank was applying for was denied, so now they are seeking a waiver.  In Tim's words, "what's the difference between an exception and a waiver?  $200 apparently."  Yep, they want an additional $200 to try to get a waiver... I say try, because they have been unsuccessful and unimpressive at every step of the way (especially our loan officer), and I have little faith in their ability to get this thing done at this point.  We do still have a couple of options if the "waiver" (sounds like something they made up at this point) doesn't work out, so it's not over yet.  In fact, Tim is very optimistic about it and keeps saying "we will get this condo; don't worry."  So even though I am worried... I'm trying to be optimistic like him.

Spring break is officially over... it's 8:00 and I'm swearing to myself to be in bed by 9:30.  Tim and I are attempting (just another round of many attempts we've made, but again - trying to be optimistic here!) to get up early and have breakfast together this week.  Wish us luck! 

And as for what seems like the big elephant in the room as far as this blog post goes (to me anyway), tomorrow will be our first day back since our student died.  Her funeral is on Tuesday, and I'm going to see if I can go, but it's during the school day, so I don't know if I'll be able to.  My heart is just still so heavy - I've been in a funk all of spring break and just can't seem to snap out of it.  I think I'm just still shocked that she's gone, and I'm so sad for her family.  And I had her last year, not this year - so I can't even imagine what her family, friends, and current teachers will be going through tomorrow. 

We're also finding out on Friday who will not be with us next year due to budget cuts, so there will just be quite a bit of sadness at our school this week. 

And on that note, I think I'll go on and head to bed earlier than planned... drink some hot tea, read a good book, and cuddle up with my sweet husband, and get myself mentally prepared for tomorrow.

Goodnight friends.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

babe, you're not supposed to tell people about my optimism. that way they're not surprised when i revert to my crusty curmudgeony self.

hannah said...

{{{{hugs}}}} My prayers are with you this week.

In other news, I miss my regular dose of Proffitts!

Rhiannon said...

I'm not sure of the "appropriate" thing to say, but good luck, best wishes, congratulations today/tonight!! what a very special easter i'm sure this will be. xoxo

Jenny said...

Thanks Hannah! And we miss you guys too - it was so good to see you at the wedding last weekend. We need to set up that shopping date!

And thank you Rhinnen :) The Chrismation happened this morning and it was MUCH less nerve-wracking than I thought it'd be! And here's something really strange - I was on Facebook just a little bit ago and you'd posted something, so I was perusing your page, and JUST as I was finished, I had a new email saying you'd posted your comment - guess we were thinking about each other at the same time!