Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Lucy in the Sky with Eleanor's Penny...

We are finally getting our kitty!!!  I could not be more excited - and the fact that Tim is just as excited about her (yes, it's a "her") makes it even better.  The "cattery" we are getting her from (I hate that word... but it is what it is!) is in Missouri, so it's looking like I'll be flying out to get her... probably sometime in June.  I know that seems like a long ways away, but they like to keep the kittens for 12-13 weeks until they're really ready to leave their mother.  They say that it makes for a more well-adjusted cat - one that isn't timid or shy and who can handle disruptions in life better.  Sounds good to me!

Right now we're trying to decide what to name her.  Initially we'd wanted to name her Sophia and call her Sophie... but my brother ended up naming his dog Sophie, and then we subsequently realized that we know THREE Sophies at church and decided it wouldn't seem appropriate to then name our cat the same name.  Not sure why, but it seemed weird!  So!  We are deciding between three names, and they are very decidedly "Jenny" names, because they are all from Beatles songs!  So the polls are now open, drum roll please....

Eleanor (Ellie)
Lucy
Penny

We really can't decide... mine are between Ellie and Lucy.  Tim is torn between Lucy and Penny.  What to do?!  Hopefully with more pictures of her we will figure out what her name shall be.  And on that note, I leave you with two pictures that were taken this morning of our dear, sweet, little Eleanor Lucy Penny... she is absolutely precious, and I cannot WAIT to meet her!!!



4 comments:

hannah said...

I vote for Penny. She is Desmond's love on LOST and, well, we love Desmond so much we named our newest kitty Desmond :)

Yay Penny!

Elizabeth said...

Holy crap that is a cute kitty! :) I like all of your names, but I feel like Penny is the most unique. And maybe she'll end up being your Lucky Penny!

Unknown said...

kitty!!

Rhiannon said...

I think it's kind of like naming a baby ... it's hard to really know what her name is until you meet her. Yay that you finally get your kitty!