Monday, May 17, 2010

Much overdue update!

Okay, so it's been a ridiculously long time since I've posted... I have just been so busy with the condo and with school; it's just been crazy! I guess I feel like I haven't updated in so long, it's been stressing me out to try to make up for all this lost time!

One thing at a time I guess...

So we paid to have the popcorn ceiling removed, which was a great decision - we had thought about trying to do it ourselves... that was a crazy moment, glad we came to our senses!  Then we painted the ceiling and most of the downstairs, just have a few little details to finish up, but it looks absolutely beautiful!!  The color was exactly what I was wanting (Tim did a good job of making the color in my head a reality!), and I could not be happier with it.  We just ordered the wood floor today and have plans to install it this weekend - I CANNOT WAIT!!!  My dad is going to come down to teach the boys some lessons in wood floor installation, so they are super pumped to learn a new skill - I am super pumped to watch, deliver beer and pizza... and maybe go shopping with my mom.  :)  hehe.




So it's really hard to tell in this picture, but the wall color is a really soft gray/green - it almost goes neutral.  It's less yellow/green like it looks in the picture.  The French doors will be painted this week, and then they will look fantastic... can't wait to see how they turn out!

The wood floors are going to be a natural maple color, which will reflect so much light and be so bright and airy - I'm so EXCITED!!!




And then Uncle Sam is going to buy us a pretty rug (haven't picked that out yet), a couch, and possibly a flat screen TV (finally!!).  Thank you first time homebuyers' credit!  I'm really digging this type of set up:



Sooooo ya - that's the latest on the condo news!  We'll be doing more things here and there after we get the floor in, and then we'll probably start moving mid to late June - we have our apartment til mid July, so there's no rush... except that we can't wait to live there!! 

As for kitty news: her name is for sure LUCY!  The lady we are getting her from sends us pictures every week or two to let us see how she's growing - she is SO cute and perfect and I cannot WAIT (yes, yet another thing I "cannot wait" for) to get her!  I think I'm going to fly up to Kansas City to get her after we get back from Hawaii (I won't even say how I feel about that... I'm sure you can guess!).  So here she is as of this week:




Precious!!!  I Love Lucy!  hehe

Annnnnnd the last few things that are exciting... we have just a few weeks of school left!!  I can't wait for a little break so I can get the condo spiffed up and start gathering ideas to make next year even better.  AND!!  We leave for Hawaii on June 7th (right after we are FINALLY out of school), yes - you guessed it... I CAN'T WAIT!!!   AAAGGHHH!!!  So many fun things happening right now!!!

Okay, and because I can't stand to type "I can't wait" or "I'm so excited" or just "!!!!" anymore, I'm going to go do what I sat down to do in the first place - grade papers.  :(  The bane of my existence.  I love teaching, I love my kiddos, I love where I work and who I work with... I HATE, HATE, HAAAATE grading papers!!!  Oh well, I really can't complain right now - life is good.  :)

Ciao!  I'll try not to wait 2 months to update again... Andrea, you are only off the hook because you are planning a wedding!  I miss your posts!  :)

1 comment:

The Hurst Family said...

The thought of blogging right now is overwhelming!!! Hahaha. Maybe on Memorial Day. Great post, so many fun things going on right now :) Can't wait to see the condo and LUCY!!!