Sunday, January 30, 2011

Date/Girls Night Weekend Extravaganza!!

Thanks Andrea for reminding me that since I spruced up my blog, I should probably BLOG a little from time to time.  :) 

This has been the BEST weekend I've had in a long time!  Tim and I took the day off on Friday to kick off our date weekend EXTRAVAGANZAAAA!!  For no reason at all, we just decided it would be fun.  :)  I got a great deal on a room at the Warwick-Melrose down the street (thank you Groupon!), so we figured we would just make a weekend of it.  I feel like all I did was eat wonderful food this weekend... and it has been glorious.


Friday we got up and went to a new coffee place - The Crooked Tree.  It's an old house that they turned into a coffeehouse - I love when they do that!  They have local artists' work displayed throughout and local musicians that play as well... definitely our kind of coffee place!



Then we saw The King's Speech - loved it!!  I recommend it to everyone (unlike True Grit... which I thought was okay, but overrated... as most Cohen brothers films are in my opinion).

Lunch was at Fadi's Mediterranean Grill & dinner was at Trece (an upscale Mexican restaurant off Knox), two more new places we had never been to eat, and we loved them both!  If you ever go to Trece, you MUST get the guacamole... it was to die for, probably the best I've ever had next to my Nonnie's or my brother's.  Mmm!!


Saturday night was girls' night, and we managed to pack in dinner at Gloria's, a trip to Eatzi's, a game of Bang!, dessert at Chocolate Secrets, and The Social Network all in one evening.  It was fabulous!

So that was my amazing weekend... and it's only 2pm on Sunday!  I love weekends like this.  The kind where you feel like you got to DO a lot, but you were productive and had time to rest even.  Perfect.  Just like the 75 degree weather we've had the past few days!  Don't remind me about the fact that mid-way through next week it won't even be above freezing and we have a strong chance of a "wintry mix."  UGH.  Is it spring yet?

And now, for an update on Project 365!  And I'm off to get ready for the upcoming week.  Adios friends!

January's pictures thus-far.  Only forgot to take a picture 4 times!



Journal strips for January - it's really hard to try to be so concise!

And is what they look like together (how they'll be when I print my book)

2 comments:

Rhiannon said...

Yay! You posted! I saw this earlier while in the car with Travis. It came across my Feeedler and I got so excited to see it was a post from you. Looks like you guys had a perfect weekend!

The Hurst Family said...

I am so totally jealous of your weekend, it sounded amazing!!! So much food....movies, coffee.....And I love the pages you've created with the photos, makes me want to do it next year.