Thursday, February 3, 2011

Six Day Weekend!

Well I can hardly believe that tomorrow will be day FOUR of being out of school from the winter storm.  It dumped almost a foot of snow (maybe more in some places) in Oklahoma and dumped about an inch and a half of solid ice here... which keeps refreezing (or never melting in the first place) because the temperature hasn't been even close to being above freezing, and won't be until tomorrow afternoon at the very earliest.  Oh yeah, and did I mention that we're supposed to get some snow tonight/tomorrow?  Insanity!!  I don't think I've ever been out of school for four days in a row for snow/ice... and most definitely not in Dallas. 

...I have been loving every minute of it though! Don't get me wrong - I love my job, I love the people I work with, and I actually had a really great day on Monday.  But an unexpected little holiday??  Awesome!!  I'm not one of the ones who is going stir crazy... I have thoroughly enjoyed myself these past three days, and can't wait to do it again tomorrow.  Tim has been working from home, so it's been us and Lucy, just hanging out together the past three days.  I've been reading (started and finished The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - awesome book... once you get past the first 200 pages, which are just so-so), doing some digital scrapbooking, some traditional scrapbooking, watching movies and tv shows on Netflix, and generally just piddling around.  It has been fantastic!  Tim and I ventured out in the freezing cold yesterday to go eat at Gloria's (okay, so I was starting to go a little stir crazy - I'm glad we went out!). 


Today, all I did was read.  I only got out of bed to either make tea or food, and then I would eat/drink in bed while reading.  I get obsessed when I find a book I really like, and I'm almost relieved sometimes when it's over, because then I feel like I have my life back again.  Until then, I really can do nothing other than READ!  I love it.  :)

Oh, and I did this too:

I decided I'm going to go the digital route with Andrea's wedding and our trip to Hawaii - I found two really adorable digital kits that I couldn't resist - they're from Flergs, and I seriously love everything she makes... I have to will myself not to buy everything in her store!  Incidentally, she just released a new kit literally 9 minutes ago - my reader had one update when I went to find her blog and it was hers!  Crazy.  And, of course, I want it.  BAD. 

So... Andrea?  You likey?  I feel like it needs some sprucing... but I like it!  I plan on doing more tomorrow, so I will post them when I do.  :) 

Alright friends, I'm off to bed... got to get my beauty sleep to prepare for day four of reading/scrapbooking/lounging/general bliss.  G'night!

2 comments:

Rhiannon said...

Yay! Snow days all around. I just wish we had days of luxury with our snow days. Unfortunately technology allows {forces?} us to keep working on our laptops, blackberries, etc. I want to be creative and loungey!!! =)

The Hurst Family said...

I really love the scrapbook page you made! It inspired me to dig out all the cute Hawaiian paper tonight to finally start my wedding scrapbook. Hope you're having fun in bed again today, lol....let me know if you start book #2 :)