Saturday, February 5, 2011

Stoopid Computer Virus

So I got a virus on my computer two days ago. I am so mad at myself for "allowing" it to happen - something popped up while I was downloading a bunch of freebie digital scrapbooking files, and it wanted to do something to my computer... so I clicked "no." As soon as I clicked it, I thought, "Why did I do that?? Why didn't I just x it out or close the program?" And sure enough, less than a minute later, Windows had detected a virus on my computer. UGH!!! I'm usually much better about things like that, and I think more than anything I was annoyed at myself.

Needless to say it's taken us until today to get everything straightened out. It was a sneaky little bugger... kept finding it, getting rid of it, and then it would reinstall itself (or whatever the technical lingo is) upon the next start up. We finally just restored from a backup of the computer from three days ago. (I know you are all SO thrilled to know the intricacies how we took care of the virus on my computer!)

Soooooo I was finally able to tweak my first Hawaii scrapbook page (there was just something not quite right about it - thanks to Tim's great design eye, he helped me figure it out).  I now present to you the new and improved version (along with the old for comparison), as well as a new one that I started yesterday and was able to finish today.  I am pretty much in love with them both.  :)

Eh.  This is the old one - something's just not quite right...

Ahhh... much better, we have CONTRAST now!  (thanks babe)

And this one might be my favorite one I've done ever - I LOVE it!!  :)

And there you have it!  I'm really irritated that when I finally got back on a scrapbooking kick, my computer was out of commission for almost TWO whole days!!!  Lame.  I got out my traditional paper scrapbooking stuff, but shockingly, I just wasn't into it.  I got 5 pages done on my bridal shower, but the whole time I kept thinking how much more fun it would be if I were doing it in Photoshop.  I'm kinda sad about the shift... why??  I'm weird.

4 comments:

Kate said...

The new is always more enjoyable than the old... for awhile. You'll get back to the scrapbooking table. :) LOVE these pages! You are a genius! Even with your mignon, Tim.

The Hurst Family said...

I love these!!! It makes me want to digital scrapbook too (but not really because I think it would take too long for me to learn how), haha. They look great! Can't wait to see more....

Rhiannon said...

I love those. They look awesome. I've never gotten into digital scrapbooking, but I always love how your pages turn out.

{Sorry to hear about the annoying virus. Glad you were able to restore.}

Alicia said...

Stoopid virus is right friend! Suck!! But you're definitely making the best of it. And these news pages are gorgeous! I have got to try my hand at digital scrapping.