Saturday, February 19, 2011

Hello, Goodbye

I love my church!!!  I think it's been since high school that I've felt really solid about and connected with a church and the group of people there. 

Last night some of the girls from St. Seraphim went out for a girls night.  We went to P.F. Changs first (where I ate entirely way too much food, but it was sooooo good!).  Then we headed over to the Rodriguez's house for drinks, "Just Dance" on the Wii (I think that's what it's called?), and a little mini-baby-shower for our dear Katie.  It was so much fun!  It was a long week, and an especially long Friday, so a little girl time was much needed.  I was feeling kind of blue all day, so I don't feel like I was my usual happy self... but it was still a great time.  I think we need to do it more than a few times a year, but it's so hard to coordinate that many schedules!

Some highlights...

In other (sad) St. Seraphim news, our beloved Father Joe is moving to Washington D.C. this week.  Tomorrow is his last Sunday with us, and Matushka Kathy (his wife) will be joining him in D.C. at the end of the school year.  I just cannot express how sad Tim and I (and everyone at church) are that he is leaving.  I really think that if it weren't for him, I wouldn't be Orthodox and wouldn't be where I am now.  I feel like Tim invited me on the journey, and then Father Joe walked us through it every step of the way.  He is so wise, so humble, and just real.  I know that he is going where he is needed, and that it's God's will that he go there... but selfishly, I am so sad that he's leaving and wish he could stay here... forever.  :(  His goodbye brunch was last weekend after Liturgy, and while I personally don't have any pictures... you should check Vladimir's out here.

I don't have much else to say... that about sums up where I'm at this evening.  So happy that Tim and I have found a church home with wonderful friends (family) to spend our lives with, yet so sad that we have to say goodbye to one of the most important people in our lives.  Sigh.

2 comments:

Tim said...

yes we will miss Father Joe like crazy...tomorrow will be tough.

nice pics - are you all dancing to YMCA?

A Wingerd Wedding said...
This comment has been removed by the author.