Sunday, December 16, 2012

Fancy parties, Thanksmas, and other randomness

Baby Haven is doing great!  She is "due" exactly one month from tomorrow (give or take a week or two on either side, which is why I say "due" - we'll see when she actually gets here!!).  A month?!  Just mind-boggling to me.  We are so so excited and can't wait for her to get here, but I think I still can't quite wrap my brain around the fact that we're going to be parents.  forever.  in about a month.  Craziness!!  

I've started going to the doctor every week now, which also seems like pure craziness.  Seems like the time is flying by and yet standing still at the same time.  It's weird...  Baby girl's heartbeat was 160, and she's doing great!  The doctor didn't give me an estimate on her size now, but she said she guesses she'll be on the smaller side when she's born - maybe under 7lbs.  That would be nice... I would much rather birth a 6.5lb baby than an 8.5lb baby!  

Okay, so this post is going back in time... starting with the most recent stuff and then back to last month.  

So, last night was the Christmas party for Tim's work (he started a new job last week and loves it!).  It was pretty fancy - it was held at the W downtown, on the 33rd floor!!  

Tim and me after the party - he looked so handsome last night!!

I'm wearing earrings!  dangly ones!  It's a Christmas miracle!!

35.5 weeks!  This dress was already tighter from when I bought it Monday - yikes! 

They had an amaaaazing dinner, fun "bar" trivia afterward that you played as a table team, and instead of a photo booth - "pic flips!"  They took a 7 second video and turned it into a little flip book!  They printed a book for both of us to take home - love it, what a great idea!!  

Here's our little book: 



Here's me last week at 34 weeks in Haven's room... which is nearly done!  (these were on Facebook, so not "new"... but they're not in the blog, soooo...)





And since I never updated about Thanksgiving, here are a few pictures from our Proffitt Family Thanksgiving...aka Thanksmas!... we had Christmas too since we won't all be together for it this year.  Tim's mom rented a house on White Rock Lake and we all stayed there from Wednesday through the weekend.  We had tons of amazing home-cooked food, a birthday dinner for Tim & Josh, the "kids" all went out to dinner at this awesome Moroccan place (Baboush in the West Village... if you haven't been there, GO.), and then we had "Christmas morning" on that Saturday.  Haven even got gifts!  I thought that was so sweet, made me tear up a little.  Sweet baby girl - get here soon!!!  

Tim and his "Movember" mustache - can I tell you how glad I was when December got here??

Awww, Uncle Tim and baby Cohen - so sweet!!  He is SO great with babies, can't wait to see him with Haven.

It wouldn't be a Proffitt get together without some board games!

Daniel, Bree, and Cohen (who is not thrilled, but sure looks cute in that sweater!)

Alexis, Josh, and Roonie

"Trust me, I'm a paramedic" BBQ apron Tim got his dad.  :)

Santa, putting out the stockings for everyone

I love this picture of Roonie and her Uncle Daniel! 

Babies!!  Next year it will be all three of the cousins, and I can't WAIT!!!

And here are a few other pictures from November since I've fallen behind on my updating (shocking, I know):

30 weeks, in Haven's nursery (still not done, but then I promise I'll post pics!)

Lucy hanging out on my 30 week bump.  :)

Me as Tim's "roadie" - this one's at 31 weeks, crazy how much smaller Haven was only 4 weeks ago!

Lucy being my little helper while I finished painting Haven's room  :)

Annnnnd I think that might be up for updates and pictures for now.  I'm still feeling really good for the most part - I'm so thankful!  Still having daily heartburn and feel kinda crappy at night... but honestly it's just become a part of life for now, and I don't notice too much - I really do feel like I feel pretty good most of the time!  

Since we won't be traveling for Christmas, we're having Christmas dinner over at our dear friends (family?  apparently Tim and Lori are somehow related!) the Rodriguez family, along with some other sweet friends who are also not going home for the holidays.  I will definitely post an update after that.  I am SO going to miss going home for Christmas and seeing my family - I haven't seen some of them in way WAY too long - I haven't even gotten to see either of my brothers since being pregnant!!  I cannot believe that.  Makes me so sad.  :(  BUT - I am looking forward to not driving anywhere when I'm nearly 37 weeks pregnant and being with people we love and who are dear to us, even if they're not "family."  They are our family here for sure.  

Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season!  Tim and I are currently both typing away at our computers at the kitchen table, listening to Christmas music, drinking his "Christmas Spice Tea" he created, and just enjoying our lazy Sunday together.  Life is good.  

OH!  And one more little thing - our awesome neighbor, who is an awesome photographer, took maternity pictures for us this week!!!  We've never had professional photos done before, so I'm super super excited about them.  Can't wait to see them!!  :D :D

4 comments:

Kaitlin said...

You look SO cute lady!!! You are seriously one of the cutest pregnant ladies ever! So excited for you guys, can hardly believe she's almost here!

Jenny said...

Thanks friend! We can't believe she's almost here either, we are soooo excited for her to get here - I'm dying to see what she looks like and hold her all dayyyy!!!!

r h i a n n o n l e a r said...

You really are one of the cutest pregnant women I've ever seen. I can't believe it's almost time for Miss Haven's arrival. It seems like you were just telling me you "weren't drinking champagne." So excited for you.

I love the flip book from Tim's Christmas party. I was recently thinking of making one of Parker because we take so many pictures back to back when he's playing with trucks, etc.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Sorry you can't be with your family, but am glad you have people you love that you can share the holidays with.

Jenny said...

I know, it's crazy - it's almost time! Happy New Year to you too - and I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! :)