Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas from the EconoLodge!

Merry Christmas!! We are in Wichita Falls still - looks like we're going to be here another night... can't even get out of the parking lot!

We got up this morning and had breakfast over in the main lobby... it was pretty meager, but I'm not definitely not complaining! While we were there, we met some really nice people - one family that is actually traveling from Dallas to somewhat near where we're trying to go. We traded numbers and have been kinda looking out for each other (mainly on the food-finding front!). We figured it would be good to be in touch with someone headed the same place as us. We've all decided to check in for another night (and we've made some other friends too), so looks like Christmas at the EconoLodge for us!

Tim and I trekked up to the nearest gas station in search food (as we had none). I sucked it up and put on my Uggs for the march over (it was about 10 minutes in the snow/ice there and back). I felt sorry for them the whole way there and the whole way back (crossing my fingers they're not ruined). They did their job though - my feet were snug and warm for the whole trip. We got back with our $35 in gas station food just in time to find out that Chili's is delivering to stranded motorists! Bah humbug!! Actually it's okay... I think we might be doing that for dinner tonight, and then we'll have our gas station food for the drive tomorrow as our "in case of emergency" food.

Still not sure if we're headed to Dimmitt or back to Dallas tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure we'll be headed somewhere... which is an improvement from our current situation! I will say that we're making the most of it though. We've maintained good attitudes, have had plenty of relaxation, made some new friends, and have been thankful that we are stuck in this situation together. We can handle pretty much anything as long as we're together. Cheesy yes, but still true.

Cross your fingers for us to be able to make it to see Tim's family tomorrow - we (and they) are really bummed we are missing Christmas with them. I figure that a late family Christmas is much better than no family Christmas, but even that's up in the air. Still hopeful though!

Alright, well I think I'm off to do some more scrapbooking... I must say it is a great way to pass the time, and something I always feel like I don't have "time" for!

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good... afternoon. :)

No comments: