Sunday, January 8, 2012

2011 Scrapbook - Done!

I can't believe I haven't blogged since October!  Ah well, who am I kidding?  I'm actually not surprised at all.  :)

So I'm really proud of myself - I managed to make it through my 2011 scrapbook by the end of 2011!  This NEVER happens!!  I did two layouts per month, using free monthly templates I found - I already ordered it and got it in the mail yesterday and am SO happy with how it turned out!!  Soooo... check it out!













I had a great first week back to school, am SO looking forward to visiting Andrea in OKC next weekend, we have several "game nights" with friends coming up, and I signed up for the Color Run and the Hot Chocolate Run in February - so 2012 is looking to be a pretty good year so far!  I'd like to come back and re-cap the end of 2011 (for myself more than anything), but we'll see.  I don't want to get into the habit of feeling blog guilt when I don't post something I meant to (or for several months for that matter).  

Oh!  And for my 2012 scrapbook aspirations, I got THIS!  



I'm so excited!!  I wanted it last year, but it's "purpose" is to be one of those 365-day albums... where you take a picture everyday?  And I just knew I wouldn't follow through with that.  However!  This year I was looking into it again, and it totally doesn't have to be like that.  You can make it whatever you want it to be - 365-day, once a month, whenever you feel like it, or when you have a special event to remember... I'm not sure why I needed "permission" to do it like this, but seeing as I'm a rule-follower, it seems I needed someone to tell me, "yes Jenny - you can do WHATEVER YOU WANT with it - it's okay."  So I'm taking the whole "whenever you feel like it" approach to it, and I'm really excited.  I highly recommend it - it's super cute, ridiculously easy, and you can make it as easy/cookie-cutter or creative/original as you want.  And it's all coordinated, so you can put pages together really fast.  LOVE!!  

Happy 2012 everyone!!

3 comments:

The Hurst Family said...

Cool!! Is that what you're bringing to my house next weekend? I can't wait to see it! Your scrapbook looks amazing. I can't believe you are already done with it! I think I need to be in more pages this year though. Starting with next weekend. Yessss.

Jenny said...

umm... I don't remember saying I was bringing a scrapbook (shocking, I know). Do you mean the completed one or the new one?

and I totally agree, and thought the same exact thing as I was uploading it - not enough of you and me for sure!!

Anonymous said...

I believe there has been a mistake. I don't see pictures of the sporting event (gasp) I made you attend.

I'm pretty sure that made your july worth living.