Monday, September 17, 2012

Quick Update!

Just a quick little update since I had another doctor appointment this afternoon!  I'm currently 22 weeks... will be 23 on Thursday.  Time really seems to be flying now, probably because I've been feeling really great lately (other than getting a sore throat/cold that I'm still trying to get over...).  Lots of energy, good appetite, minimal to no discomfort... loving being pregnant right now.  :)

Here's the latest bump picture... we didn't take one for 22wks, so here's the one for 21.  :) 

21 weeks - the bump has finally caught up with the boobs, woo hoo!  :)
Last time I went in, my blood pressure was a little high... which freaked me out a little, because I never have high blood pressure (and it's supposed to be a littler lower than normal anyway during pregnancy).  So I was very anxious to see what it was this time - 110/60!  Woo hoo!!  Definitely breathed a sigh of relief after that.  My theory is that it was high last time from being all jazzed up after seeing the baby and finding out she was a she.  :) 

The doctor also was really happy with my weight gain so far - whew!  I'm always a little paranoid to be gaining too much or too little.  Glad to be on track.  

Also found out that I could take some different things for my (crazy) allergies, AND she called in a new prescription for my GOOD allergy medicine, so I don't have to make a separate trip to the allergist to get it refilled.  You have no idea how exciting this is to me...

And finally (and most exciting!) - sweet little Haven is doing great!  Her heartbeat was 150bpm, and she was kicking away - the doctor could even see her kicking.  She seemed a little surprised since it's still kinda early for that (and I've been able to see her kick/move for a few weeks now even), and said I was "in for it" when the kicking gets even stronger - said we have a little gymnast in there.  :)  So cute!!  

Hypnobirthing class starts on Saturday... I'm really excited, but I also kinda don't know what to expect.  I will definitely update on how it goes!  We'll meet every Saturday for 5 weeks.  Prenatal yoga in the morning and Hypnobirthing in the evening... I'm gonna be so zen.  :)

Annnnd that's all.  Goodnight friends!

Public Service Announcement: Wash your hands!  There's a nasty little cold going around... 

2 comments:

Rhiannon said...

How cute are you?! Love hearing that Miss Haven is doing well and is so active. Hope you get to feeling better. I'm a wuss when it comes to headaches and colds. Glad the doctor was able to give you a little something. Have a great week!!

Jenny said...

I'm slowly feeling better - I'm a wuss too! You have a good week too, hope the wedding planning is going well!! :)