Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Getting crafty!

Well I finally went and got what I needed for some crafty little projects for Haven! 




I actually got fucshia, rose pink, teal, gray, and yellow dye... though I like that green... might have to go find it online.  :)  I got a few other iron-on appliques too.  It's something I've been wanting to do for awhile now, but in preparing for our baby shower, Andrea texted and wanted me to pick out some appliques so we could do some DIY onesies at the shower.  SO fun!!  So rather than just dye different onesies for my own use, I'm going to dye some to use at the shower.  These are going to be my practice ones... hopefully they turn out well enough to use and love!  The pink guitar is for Tim.  :) 

I think I'm going to try to start them tonight, we'll see how it goes.  I'm taking Tim on an impromptu date... redeemed some Amex rewards for a yummy gift card (just in case he reads this, I'm not saying where yet!).  We'll see how much gusto I have left when we get home.  The onesies/bibs are all washed and ready to go though!!  

I also got some paper-backed fabric that you can run through the printer... I'm going to make some of my own designs, print them out, and hand-sew them onto things.  That will be super fun I think... if I really get around to doing it!  

Annnnd I have some nice glossy sheets of sticker paper that I've had for awhile... rather than buying the cute little monthly stickers on Etsy (something like the picture below), I think I'm going to try my hand at making my own! 


If they turn out horribly, then I'll buy some (they're only about $10), but I think it'd be fun to make my own.  I know, I'm getting a little ambitious... we'll see how it all pans out!

In other news, I've finished up my long-term subbing gig.  Kinda happy and kinda sad... it was sad to say goodbye to the kiddos and my classroom (for real this time), but it's also been nice to be at home the past few days to get some things done.  I think it will just keep feeling nicer and nicer as the weeks tick by.  Oh!  And the plotting that one class was doing last week?  They went in together and got me a card, had everyone sign it, and included a $25 gift card to Babies R Us to get things for the baby!!  How sweet is that?  I was completely blown away.  It was a really nice send off for sure.  

So that's kinda what's been going on!  Not much really... but that's actually kind of nice.  :)  I'll update when I finish some of my projects - wish me luck!  I'm really great at planning things like this and never doing them... so I'm going to need a lot of luck to pull it off!  

3 comments:

Rhiannon Leach said...

I can't believe how quickly time is passing! I'm so excited for you, Tim, and baby Haven.

Andrea said...

Oh, I love the bib idea too! We could do some of those at your shower. How did the tie dye project turn out?

Jenny said...

@Rhi - I know, it's crazy - 26 weeks today! Almost to the third trimester!

@Andrea - yeah I thought it would be cute!! and, well, umm.... I haven't actually done it yet. :) I have all the stuff sitting in a basket... just haven't mustered up the energy to actually do it! Seems so time-consuming and messy!! But I really do plan to this week... I'll post pics when I do :)