Saturday, October 13, 2012

OU/TX Craft Day!

Well I couldn't very well post something today without mentioning the OU/TX game now could I??  It wasn't much of a game, but it sure was fun to see us destroy (yes, destroy) UT!!  


You at least have to give them credit for not giving up... I'm kinda surprised they made it to 21 points that late in the game.  Final score?  

Oklahoma 63, Texas 21
BOOMER!

But the real reason I'm posting, is because I finally got to some of my craft projects for little Haven today!  Tim stayed home from his painting class to get her room more cleared out (he has been working ALL day, and it looks so much better!!  Thanks babe!).  I told him to let me know if he needed help, and he told me not to worry - just to have fun with my crafts.  Awww.  What a great husband I have.  :)

So today was Onesie-Dying Day!!  ...and a few bibs... and I ironed on a couple of cute appliques I got as well.  They're going to have appliques at our couples shower for people to iron on, and I decided it would be cute to have some fun colored onesies/bibs for people to use in addition to the white ones!  So these may be cute now, but just wait 'til they're all appliqued-up!  I'm so excited!!  I might have to get a few more colors of RIT dye now that I know how it all works.  It was super easy by the way!  

I love all the fun colors!  

Got to have a little gray/yellow action - love this color combo!

And here are the appliqued ones!  
The lighter pink dye didn't turn out well... the crystals
didn't fully dissolve and left big, dark spots. So this one
looks okay I guess, but she will only wear it at home!  :)
The gray guitar one, however  is AWESOME - I love it!!
So there you have it!  Those were my Saturday baby projects.  It was fun, and I'm quite happy with them, and they will be ridiculously cute after the shower when they are decorated!  And I found cute little iron-on tags that say something like "Made with love by: " that I think we're going to have them put on the inside - that way every time we put it on her, we will remember who made it for her!  Love!  

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!  Tonight we're going up to our friends' house for Tim's "band practice" - aka, hanging out with great background music.  :)  Then tomorrow is our 2nd "Dexter Date" with some other great friends.  And thennnn I made myself unavailable to sub Monday & Tuesday, so I get an extended weekend!  :D  Hopefully I'll be super productive... and maybe make some more fun baby crafts.  

We're taking another bump picture today, so I'll post it soon - can't believe I'm 26 weeks now!  Almost to the 3rd trimester - craaaazy!!  

No comments: