Friday, August 14, 2009

Jet Lag!!

So there's this thing called jet lag... and I honestly never quite believed it was as bad as people made it out to be. Until this week. Getting on Mongolian time was a piece of cake - just had to make myself stay up a bit later when I really wanted to sleep, then popped out of bed around 6 or 7 every morning... it was actually pretty nice! Getting back on Texas time, however... has been sucking the life out of me! I'm exhausted everyday, and then at night I'm not sleepy... I go to bed anyway, and wake up sometime in the middle of the night, wide awake and not able to sleep anymore... which makes me (again) exhausted all the next day. And the thing that is maybe even more frustrating, is that I'm actually physically exhausted in the middle of the night... it's only my mind that is wide awake, my body is pleading to go to sleep! It is incredibly frustrating (and lonely, I must say - being the only one awake in the middle of the night).

I haven't taken Ambien the past 2 nights... and I'm really having a hard time deciding what to do with that. I'm so afraid of being dependent on it (and secretly worrying if that's why I can't sleep right now... although I think it's way too early for that - I haven't even taken it that much). I don't think I can take another sleepless night/exhausting day though! UGH!!

And tonight is our anniversary weekend - we're going to a super nice hotel in Uptown, to a nice restaurant for dinner, etc... and I just KNOW I'm going to be exhausted (because a nap is seriously out of the question, even though I'm going to be dying for one). Again, UGH!!

Okay, enough pity party.

In other news, I finally made it up to the school yesterday - wasted about 2 hours doing 15 minutes worth of planning with Eric (it was nice to just hang out though - I wasn't up for much else with my lack of sleep!). Attempted to work in my room (the air was on in my room - YAY!) and then realized that they were about to have a band practice in there (the air was on in my room - DUH.), so I left. Went to Office Max and Wal-Mart and bought lots of fun new school/office supplies - one of my favorite things to do!!! :D Also actually got some school work finished last night while I was attempting to tire myself out. Very far from feeling ready though... or do you ever quite feel ready for the first day of school??

Alright, well I'm going to go read... might go ahead and take an early morning nap (seeing as it's only 7:30, I don't think a short one will affect my sleeping tonight... I did only get 4 hours of sleep last night!).

Blahhhhh!!!

2 comments:

Rhiannon said...

we don't get to hear the latest going-ons in your life my dear?

Jenny said...

sorry sorry - been very busy getting ready for school! new (slightly boring) post is up for your enjoyment ;)