Sunday, February 14, 2010

Weekend Update

So I completely forgot to mention the absolute CRAZINESS that was our school on Thursday!  The first sign that it would be a crazy day, was the snow - it was snowing allll day, and therefore the kids were really wild.  Nobody wanted to be stuck inside doing school work on a day like that, not even us teachers!  It was a fun kind of wildness though... something about snow that makes everyone giddy - it was great!  Just before lunchtime though, the craziness reached an all-time high.  The fire alarm went off (we knew it wasn't a drill, because they always give us a heads up when we're having one)!  Everyone was freaking out, we didn't know whether to stay inside (was it a fluke?  a joke?) or go ahead and do what we've practiced doing all year - which is to go outside, get a head count, hold up our little green "we're all here" signs... IN THE SNOW.  And yep, folks - that's exactly what we did!  And THEN the actual firetrucks showed up and we were instructed to walk our darling, hyper little kiddos over to the elementary school next door... IN THE SNOW.  No coats, no gloves, hyper kids... all this while attempting to keep our classes in single file lines (yeah RIGHT).  We did all that, sat them down in little rows in the gym... then the excitement was over (as soon as we sat down) and we got up and walked back to our building and back to class.  Pure insanity!!  Still not exactly sure what happened... it seems a little hush-hush.  But no damage, no harm done... pretty funny actually.

Moving on to the actual weekend update (seeing as Thursday is definitely not the weekend, but I had to tell that story!)

So Tim and I had our Valentine's Day last night, and it was great!  I had a horrible headache all day, but luckily it went away by the time we went out.  I had been on the couch when Tim got home (trying to sleep off my headache), and when I finally got up and went into the kitchen, there was a beautiful bouquet of red gerber daisies and a nice bottle of wine!  Two of my favorite things.  :)  We went to Siena for dinner - our special little place from when we first started dating.  It's small, quaint, and hardly anyone was there - and it was perfect.  Oh, and I can't forget to mention the guy they had hired for the night to serenade the restaurant... he was quite, um, interesting.  His voice reminded me of a song director at a Baptist church - middle-aged, loud, proud, a bit Southern... yet singing "Sweeeeet Caroliiiine" (bum bum bummmm).  He even walked around with his mic singing to various parts of the restaurant.  It was quite entertaining.  But he seemed like a nice guy and was having a great time - and I must admit that he did create a fun mood.  We had a great time, just chatting and dreaming about what our condo will look like.  We got some tiramisu to-go and had dessert and wine at home.  Low key, but absolutely perfect.  :)


Hope everyone had (or is having) a wonderful Valentine's Day with their loved ones or their friends!  I'm going to go scrapbook a little and mentally prepare myself for Evening Vespers and the Forgiveness Sunday service... it's going to be pretty intense.  Everyone kneels down and asks everyone (yes, everyone) for forgiveness for any wrong they may have done to them over the past year.  It's the Church's way to prepare for Great Lent... which begins, ummm tomorrow (or is it today?).  I actually don't plan on participating, just being there.  I just don't think I can handle it (I agree with the idea of it, but the practice of it still seems too out of my comfort zone).

I realize this post was not very exciting... but I think it was more for me and my bad memory than anything else.  :)  Have a wonderful week!

4 comments:

The Hurst Family said...

Awww, sounds like a sweet Valentine's Day :) I want some tiramisu and wine!!!

tproff said...

<3 U - you're the besht...have a great day at WORK tomorrow! I'll be playing Zelda lol

Rhiannon said...

I think this was a great post! Valentine's Day sounded like it was a wonderful evening with your sweetie {thank goodness you started feeling better in time for your night out} and the snow day sounded like a terrific adventure! I love hearing that you guys wanted to be outside with the kids, too ... makes me feel like we're not so old afterall. =)

Rhiannon said...

I also like that you have your "Shared" items on your post. Very cool.