Friday, August 10, 2012

Happy 4 Year Anniversary!


Happy anniversary to the love of my life and my best friend!  We've been together for seven years and now married for four - amazing how the time really does fly when you're having fun!  When you look at the grand scheme of things, even seven years doesn't seem like that long I guess, but I can hardly even remember what life was like before Tim!  I probably say the same things every year on my blog, haha.  :)  I'm going to change it up this year and do a little review, starting from when we met...

When it all started - yes, of course it is scrapbooked  :)
Sexy and funny - I immediately liked him when we met in Breckenridge!

Blog entry, January 17th, 2005:
(ha! Baby Proffitt is due on January 17th, 2013 - how funny!)
"Skiing was awesome (as expected). Met some cool people on the trip (considering that Andrea was the only one I knew beforehand)... even someone that I have a mad crazy crush on now. But sadly, he's in love with the other girl that went on the trip. Sniff. Oh well, a crush isn't so bad, and I got a little kiss, so I'm happy!"



I think this is the earliest picture I have of us together... we look so young, ha!

Then came our year of uber-long distance, when Tim lived in Raleigh, NC and I was still finishing up school at OU.  I went out to visit him several times, and he came here... we made it a point to see each other about every 4-6 weeks (the longest only being 7 weeks and feeling like an absolute eternity!).


Blog entry, Friday, July 15, 2005:

"I really really miss Tim.  =(  Lots of times I'm okay - I miss him, but I'm fine.  And then sometimes, my heart hurts.  Now is one of those sometimes."


Visiting in NC, wearing my new clothes I had to buy, because the airport lost my luggage for a few days :)

Blog entry, Tuesday, August 2, 2005: (recapping a trip out to NC to visit)

"We have so much fun together!!  ...even though we sat through two horrible movies that we actually saw AT A THEATER (Must Love Dogs - thanks to me, and Land of the Dead -  thanks to him, obviously)...  even though we drove 4 hours to go to the beach, but it rained, so we only stayed 30 minutes, annnnd even though we probably were in the car for about 20 hours or so (at least)... we still had a GREAT time.  Yes, I'm gonna say it - and yes, I will probably regret this when Tim reads this... but he is kind of sometimes, sort of well... amazing."

Ahhh, I was SO glad when I finally graduated and Tim was back in Dallas - I moved down as soon as I graduated (like, literally the next week).  Almost two years of long distance was more than enough!  After my first year of teaching (and my only year as "Ms. Logsdon"), we got married and the rest of our life began... 




Since that day (the best wedding ever!), we got our first "married apartment" (sounds like "merry department" and caused some confusion when we tried to tell people about it), moved to Dallas when we got our condo, got our super awesome kitty (our first baby) Lucy, and now have sweet little baby Proffitt on the way!!  What a great seven years it's been, and I'm so excited to see where the next seven will take us!  Happy anniversary to someone who is kind of sometimes, sort of well... amazing.

3 comments:

the amazing Tim said...

You are quite amazing yourself, my love. You have such a wonderful and unique spirit; kind, sincere; your mere presence is uplifting. I love our life together and I love you so much! Happy anniversary!

Rhiannon said...

I remember when you first posted the blog about having a little crush ... ;)

So happy for you two. I know it's a little late but Happy Anniversary Proffitts!

Jenny said...

thanks friend!! :)