Friday, August 3, 2012

Baby Proffitt!!

Well, I haven't posted in awhile, because all I've wanted to write about was our exciting news, but we wanted to wait to let everyone know.  So I've had to sit on it for what seems like forever, and now it's FINALLY out there!!  Considering the losses we had this past year, I just wasn't comfortable with people knowing until I felt really, really in the "clear."  I felt pretty good after our 12 week appointments, especially after getting to actually SEE Baby Proffitt for the first time:


Awwww!!!

We told our immediate families and very close friends that we see all the time (they were getting suspicious anyway!), but finally felt like we could share the happy news after my 16 week appointment this past Thursday.  After what we've been through, it's hard to believe it's really happening this time!  This is real, this is happening!  Aaaaggghh!!!!  I am so excited!!  So I'm going to try not to be annoying and post things constantly on Facebook (especially because I know that there are others out there with struggles like what we had this year, and I know how hard that is), so this is going to be my outlet.  My blog is where I'm going to gush and post pictures and just let it all out, so you have been warned... if I'm being annoying, at least I'm not subjecting everyone to it!  Only those who really want to know... mainly my family I think.  And Andrea.  :)


Sooooo with your fair warning in hand...


Here is me last week at 15 weeks!  Not much of a bump yet... hoping it gets more obvious in the next few weeks.  I'm totally okay looking really pregnant, it's this in between phase that's tough.  



We are definitely finding out the gender - I just don't think I could wait that long, I'm way too impatient.  And I feel like I've had to protect my heart so much during this pregnancy - I'm just now starting to relax and really enjoy it and allow myself to think about things more... I think I need to know if we've got a little boy or girl in there so I can bond better.  It will help make it more real for me I think, and I definitely need some help with that at times.  I'm getting better though.  :)  We'll get to find out (hopefully the baby cooperates!) on August 22nd, so I am just counting down the days!!  Until then, I bought a few things just because I couldn't stand to wait any longer...
They're so cute and tiny!!!

I also went to a "Just Between Friends" consignment sale last night - uh-MAZING!!  I tried to limit myself... only looked for maternity clothes, cloth diapers (more on that in a later post I'm sure), maybe a few gender-neutral baby clothes, and.......... a jogging stroller if they had one.  I figured that probably wouldn't happen, but I looked anyway, and what did I find??  A super awesome steal of a deal - a barely used (it seriously looks amazing) Jeep jogging stroller for only $120!  SO EXCITED!!!  

Lucy thinks it (obviously, duh mom) belongs to her...

Soooooo yeah!  That's some of my excitement from the last few weeks/months.  :)  I'll update again soon, because I have more fun things to share, but I've got to run for now.  A delicious burger at the Black Friar awaits me, and I must have it.  I neeeed it.  Really.  

4 comments:

Tim the dad said...

that cat in the stroller...she has another thing coming i'm afraid.

love you my baby momma!

KelBel said...

I will add your blog to my blogroll so I can keep up to date! If you need advice about cloth dipes, I'm your gal (also, Courtney is selling/getting rid of all hers, I believe).

Andreaaaaa said...

This post makes me ridiculously happy. I am grinning like the Cheshire Cat. I love you guys so much, you are going to be AMAZING parents. I'm also so glad you are starting to have fun with this, you so deserve that. I will be counting down the days until Aug. 22 too!!! You should totally do some type of gender reveal cake, even if it's a mini one for just you and Tim :) what? This isn't my baby and I should get my own? I think so too.

Jenny said...

Oh yes... I'm afraid she does! :) You're so sweet - love you too

Kelly - I'll definitely be picking your brain, and Courtney's too!

Andrea - LOL, I love this comment, you are so sweet, AND I seriously cracked up at the last part. :)