Sunday, August 19, 2012

Beach day... Sorta

Today was supposed to be our beach day, so we decided to take the ferry across the harbor to Coronado. They built a new stop for the ferry that's a 5 minute walk from our hotel - score! Well, until we got there "early" at 11:30 to find that our "12:00 ferry" was actually the 11:25 ferry... I had been looking at the wrong place!! We watched it leaving and realized that if we speed-walked (1.2 miles!) we could make it to the actual 12:00 one... So that is what we did. Later realized we had mad sunburns and I have blisters on my toes, but we made it - sat down on the ferry at exactly 12:00 on the dot, I kid you not.

Thus began our happy, relaxed day at the beach. Hot, sweaty, tired, and kinda grumpy. When we got there, we found out that the Coronado Beach was a little over a mile down from the dock (seriously?!). Having JUST done that, we decided to park it on the little beach by the dock... Not terribly beautiful, not picturesque, but it was a beach dammit!! We hung out there and read/occasionally splashed around in the freezing cold water (That was expected and therefore not disappointing) for awhile until it was time to head back.

I make it sound like it was horrible, when really it wasn't... But I'm a planner and I like things to be the perfect little image I built in my head. It was a fun day (and I honestly enjoy pretty much anything as long as I've got Tim), but it was a bit of a let down.

Ah well! The rest of the evening was spectacular. :) We walked to this little place called "DCompress Downtown" for our massages (which I booked about a month ago... See? Planner.),
and it was amaaaazing! Pregnancy massage? LOVE!

Then we went to "Blue Point" for our anniversary dinner - so yummy! I had a 1/2 lobster and a filet mignon, and it was delicious! I also ordered a glass of Pinot noir (no judging!!) since it was a special occasion, and I'm well into the 2nd trimester. Gotta say though, wasn't really a fan. I think that'll be my first and last glass of wine til the baby is here, actually I only had about a third of it - just didn't really like it! I don't think having a small glass of wine or a beer occasionally when you're pregnant is bad, and I know there are others who most definitely think otherwise! I don't care - this is MY blog. :) That being said, I just don't think it's for me - neither the taste nor the minor aftertaste of vague guilt. The rest of our dinner was delish though!

Tomorrow? Zoo day!! And possibly a museum, though today's treks really took it outta me - kinda just want to spend a good part of the day on the "meditation terrace" that is apparently on our floor of the hotel... We shall see. :)

Goodnight!

No comments: