Wednesday, August 8, 2012

More news!

This isn't news to some of our friends and family, but it will be for others...

After a lot of consideration (ok, not really... I knew what I wanted to do, but actually doing it was a lot harder than I ever thought it would be), I've decided to quit teaching for now and be a stay-at-home-mom (a SAHM... for those really into acronyms and cool lingo and being in the acronym/cool lingo/nobody else knows what we're talking about club).  

I can't believe I really did it and that this is really happening!  I resigned at the beginning of July, and I'm not sure that it's really sunken in yet...  I am so excited to get to stay home, and I think I will love it (though I know it will be super challenging and a whole different kind of "hard" than I'm used to).  However I am so sad to leave my East family.  They really are like my family here, and some of my very best friends I have since moving to Dallas, I've met at East.  I'll also miss teaching - I think last year was my favorite year of teaching I've ever had, and next year was looking to be even better.  And while that makes me kinda happy (go out on a high note right?), it makes me kinda sad too, because I didn't leave with a "whew, I need a break from this!" - I left with a "wow, that was an awesome year, and next year is going to be even BETTER!  I love my job!!"  :/

However some things have happened since I resigned, which make me feel as though everything is working out just how it's supposed to.  Check out this awesomeness:
  • Someone that has been at East longer than I have has wanted to teach 7th grade science for awhile, so she will be taking my place!  I was so worried I would be putting people in a bind since I had to wait so long to make a decision (just couldn't chance quitting before 12 weeks), that this made me feel so great!  Not only did it work out well for my principal, but my friend got the job she's been really wanting - PERFECT!
  • This person also just had a baby... she will be taking her maternity leave the first 5 weeks of school, and will be needing what?  A long term sub!!  Who might that be?  ME!!!  Now I get to go back to school (in my old room, teaching my old class) when school starts and have a "job" til October 1st (and then sub wherever/whenever after that).  She doesn't have to make sub plans for a class she's never taught, and I get to see my Easties everyday AND get long-term sub pay, which is much better than regular sub pay.  Again, PERFECT!!
  • Right about the time I'm going to want to not have to be tied to a full time job, I'll be able to choose the days that I work - that way if I'm feeling bad or have a doctor appointment, I can just not work that day, no biggie.  And when I start getting really uncomfortable, I can just be done altogether.  Ahhhh Perrrrrrfect!  

So while I'm incredibly sad to leave Coppell and especially East, I feel like everything has just fallen into place so wonderfully.  I am so excited to get to stay home with our little one when he/she gets here - I think this will be an amazing new chapter in our lives, and I am so excited!!

Oh how I will miss my awesome 7th grade team - LOVE you guys!!

No comments: