Friday, July 10, 2009

Hello Blog World...

Well, I haven't blogged since the days of Xanga... I think it's been at least 2 years. Well, I tried to blog for awhile on MySpace but.... MySpace sucks. So I stopped.

I'm going to see about getting back into the world of blogging... if only for myself. I spent about an hour or so re-reading old Xanga posts last night. I went through and saved all of them to my computer... thinking I'm going to do something with them someday. Make a bound journal out of all the entries and keep it with all my "real" journals I've kept over the years. It was so funny to go back through them though! And so fun to re-read all the entries around the time that I met Tim and we first started dating. Some of it I would never remember if I hadn't typed it out... and some of it I can remember every detail. Funny how memories are like that.

I'm currently enjoying my first summer off since probably some time in high school... maybe even junior high! No job, no school - just hanging out, doing things I've been wanting to do and never have the time or energy, getting (some) school work done that has been needing some attention, spending time with my friends... oh, and being entirely too addicted to Facebook. and Twitter. and the news (regular news and ET Online... which I'm pretty sure doesn't actually qualify as "news"). Random stuff like that. It has been utterly FABULOUS!

Tim and I leave for Mongolia in 3 weeks - I cannot believe we are actually going, and that it's almost here! We will be gone for 10 days, visiting orphanages, working there, serving at shelters and a drunk ministry (apparently alcoholism is a huge problem there), hanging out with the missionaries there to "recharge their batteries", visiting the nomads in the Gobi Desert... oh, and eating "Mongolian BBQ" at the only place you can find it there... the American restaurant in the city! Figures!

Next weekend is HARRY POTTER!!! Tim, Alicia, and I are going to see it with Andrea at the Warren in Moore... SO excited - and so excited for the (freaking expensive, but totally worth it) balcony seats at the Warren. It's going to be great - and the previews look awesome.

I guess that's about it... that's a brief recap of the life and times of me, and where I'm headed in the near future. Hopefully I'll have some more exciting things to blog about next time. :)

Now I must go - my "Potato Egg Bake" is ready! Yes, I am trying to at least be a little more domestic during my summer off...

p.s. - go see "Away We Go" (with Jim from The Office) - it is so great!!!

1 comment:

Rhiannon said...

yay! i'm so glad that you decided to start blogging again. i am totally reminded of xanga and each of us keeping up with one another across the miles.

i started our blog for the same reason you did -- mainly for us, and then also for family and friends whom we don't see regularly.

i'm so excited to see your posts!!