Saturday, July 11, 2009

Help!

Ok, so I like attempting to make my blog look cute... so I looked through tons of layouts, backgrounds, etc yesterday and came up with the conclusion that I need to just make my own! Buuuuut that is proving to be more difficult than I thought it would be. I decided to start simple by just making my own header and uploading it... but it's not working!! Anyone out there who can help me? I tried selecting the most simple layout available, and then just changing the "header element" with the one I made... looks like it works, uploads, shows that my image has been uploaded... and then when I preview my layout, it looks the exact same! No change! SO FRUSTRATING!! I even had Tim try (he is amazing), but! To no avail! Bah!

Soooo, here is the header I made (minus a title... just the background). I'm pretty proud of it. :D

I think I might be getting into this whole digital scrapbooking thing - that's how I made the header - with elements from a digital scrapbooking kit in Photoshop Elements... pretty sweet eh??

Ok, now I'll show you the whole page I made... then I discovered that the dimensions were wrong - DOH!

A little busy maybe... but cute for my very first stab at digital scrapbooking/layout making??

Okay... back to downloading free digital scrapbooking kits and creating a filing system for them... I love organizing. I think I should be a professional organizer someday. How nerdy am I? :)

1 comment:

Rhiannon said...

so i have a question about this digital scrapbooking business. does one have to have photoshop elements in order to get the different shapes, etc that you have used on these pages? are these also available in photoshop? i have photoshop, but not elements. i've tried looking around online, but wasn't finding anything quickly. i thought it might be easier just to ask a pro like yourself. :)